World Youth Chess Championship Under – 14, 16 and 18 2019 – 218956 /218957 /218958 /218959 /218960 / 218961 / MAH / 2019
This is the official invitation to all national chess federations of FIDE to participate in the World Youth Chess Championships 2019. The championships will be held in Renaissance
Hotel and Convention Centre Mumbai.
Last Date of Registration: 2nd August 2019
The dates are 1st October (arrivals, technical meeting) to 13th October 2019 (departures).
In accordance with FIDE regulations, a FIDE entry fee of 70 € (euros) for each Official Player and
140 € for each Additional player should be paid before the start of the tournament.
The National Federations must send this amount directly to the FIDE bank account or FIDE will
charge the National Federation account card.
• The tournament will be played using the Swiss System with 11 rounds.
• The national rankings will not be taken into account for pairings.
• The rate of play will be in accordance with the FIDE rules: 90 minutes for the first 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an addition of 30 seconds per move starting from move one.
• The default time is 15 minutes.
• Three best Federations, by a ranking of medals collected in all categories, will receive a trophy.
• For first place the number of gold medals will be taken under consideration, if there is a tie, then the number of silver medals, if there is still a tie, then the number of bronze medals.
• If finally, this is still equal, then the total points of medallists will be taken for a tiebreak.
• The top three places in each tournament will be awarded cups and medals.
• Places from 4th to 6th will receive medals.
• All the winners will be awarded chess gifts.
• All players will be given certificates of participation.
• Prize Giving Ceremony will be the celebration, open to all with accreditation.